Europe is going through a milestone period of political, economic, social and technological transformation. One of the greatest challenges and priority issues has to be the need for a strict environmental policy, aimed at promoting awareness of the importance of living and working conditions and restoring them to acceptable levels. The European Commission is doing some very interesting work in this regard. In its research, development and production of natural environmentally friendly, non-toxic and hi-tech coatings, Sokema is committed to developing products that are increasingly "green", kind to the environment and our health. Our primary objective is to reduce environmental impact. The coating production plan and process can be summarized as follows:
- Elimination of any toxic or highly harmful substances: heavy salts and metals, micro-powders, chlorine derivatives, benzene rings, etc.
- Reduction of harmful organic solvents to the greatest possible extent
- Use of water-based emulsions, where performance quality can still be assured
- Continuous product review and reformulation
- Exploitation of the best technologies available in order to improve performance as well as reduce atmospheric emissions and achieve greater safety in terms of fire hazards and emission of fumes
- Continuous and constant research activity, working closely with partners, suppliers, professionals and accredited laboratories, for the use of technological innovations.
The biggest challenge lies in managing to produce non-polluting coating systems with a near-zero impact on the health of man and the environment. Sokema is proud to state that we've already achieved great results in this sense, with particular reference to applications in the marine sector, where environmental and safety requirements are paramount. "Tomorrow's generation will need to remedy the many wrongs that the environment has suffered at the hands of modern civilization"